Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Faux Fireplace!

Our move over the summer left us in a home without a fireplace!  While we love our new home, Santa needed a way to get in and the kids needed a place to hang their stockings!

I search the Pinterest looking for "No Fireplace Stocking Ideas" and I came across some super cute ideas!

Here is what I came up with :)


Here is how I did it!

Supplies:
Board Game Boxes from the Post Office (can be ordered FOR FREE!)
White Craft Paper
Red Scrap Book Paper (cut into 3x4 inch rectangles)
Tape
Glue
Cutting Tool

I decided on how I wanted the fireplace to look.  I taped the pieces together with boxing tape. 

I then taped the craft paper around the whole thing.

Lastly, I glued the red "brick" pieces in a brick like pattern.

Once done, it was ready to decorate!

The kids love it and now want me to fashion a faux fire....man, I love Pinterest ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment